Why YouTube is Essential For Your Social Media Marketing
April 12, 2020
Everything You Want To Know About Integrating YouTube In Your Marketing Strategy
When we talk about ‘Social Media Marketing’ for your business, what are the names or channels that stand out? It wouldn’t surprise me you mentioned channels like Instagram or Facebook. And, although we are not mentalists, we can be quite sure YouTube wasn’t one of the options that came to mind. But why is that?
Before answering that question, you should know that YouTube is the second-ranked search engine of choice. Yet, YouTube is not the first thing that people name when thinking about their digital marketing strategy. Why is that?
The answer might surprise you. Often, companies just don’t know how to implement it. Other reasons are feeling overwhelmed by the idea of producing video content or when thinking about the technical aspects. But there are many easy ways to overcome this obstacle and use YouTube to your advantage.
YouTube can be an essential part of your social media strategy. The platform is very popular, has a global reach in multiple age groups. Furthermore, the introduction of YouTube Streaming has exploded the platform’s traffic. Every day, more and more people watch YouTube. Therefore, it is a perfect spot to get your brand out there, market your services, and create proposals.
If you feel convinced, but have no clue on how to start with YouTube as a marketing platform, read on.
What is YouTube Marketing
Quick and straightforward, YouTube Marketing is a strategy that uses YouTube for marketing purposes. Video marketing has a broader scope when it comes to distribution. YouTube Marketing can no longer be left out of your strategy.
Consider this; the video platform offers a new, different, and creative way to approach your audience. In today’s time and age, not everybody likes reading. Especially under young adults, the urge to read is very low. Studies have shown that, in Europe, under 50% of the average teenager reads books.
So, give them a new way to learn about the advantages of your offers and proposals. A short video that perfectly delivers the content you have to share in your blog without making them read. Sweet and smart!
Why is YouTube Marketing So Important?
Another advantage of using YouTube is the stimulation of organic traffic. YouTube is one of the most potent sources of organic traffic for redirecting to your webpage; this illustrates the importance of learning how to use YouTube to improve your page-visits.
But the ultimate reason is that your presence on YouTube helps you to earn a spot on the Google SERPs, that additionally, have a significant impact on your website traffic.
How To Start YouTube Social Media Marketing
Here’s our guide to starting with your own YouTube channel.
1. Set foot on the ground
While your end goal is probably related to reaching a big audience, that potentially makes sure your stocks are selling out. The truth is, you can’t achieve this overnight. You will need to set up a plan, and that plan starts
with looking inward. Before jumping into creating a content strategy for this format, make sure you have a good understanding of your brand and your values. Assure, you can answer the following questions clearly:
- Why am I using this YouTube channel?
- Who is the ideal client for my YouTube videos?
- Where will I share and promote my videos?
- What type of videos will I share?
Remember, there aren’t any wrong answers here. Be honest to yourself, and look at your motivations and goals. After you’ve answered these questions, you’re ready to get started with setting up your YouTube channel.
2. Replicate your Brand Identity in your YouTube Channel
Little details such as your channel icon, a custom banner, and additional social media icons connecting your audiences across your social media give consistency to your brand identity.
Use the “about”-section of the page to describe your business and what you stand for (brand-values). Make sure you add strategic call-to-actions (CTA’s) here and there and add links to all your other social media accounts.
Creating a YouTube channel consists basically of replicating and amplifying your voice brand in a different format. You can create different playlists.Create them by subject, content-format, or step-by-step guides. For example, make a playlist of Webinars, Q&A Items, How To’s, and Client Testimonials.
3. Make Memorable Your YouTube Channel
Highlight your differentiating element
Let’s face it; there is a probability that you will find similar content to yours on YouTube. With today’s amount of material that is getting launched each day, there is likely someone with the same content out there.
So, think about how you’re going to make your brand stand out. Think about your voice, and why you’re making a difference. Conduct a competitor analysis; this will help you establish your unique selling point.
Don’t get intimidated or discouraged by your competitors. There’s plenty of room for everybody on the web, the trick here is creating a strategy that works for you. Doing so starts with selecting the right angle of the story you want to tell. There is no need for high-end production, a simple element that triggers emotions, and makes clear what action you want your audience to take, is all you need.
Explain your origins in your Youtube Channel
As we already mentioned above, your YouTube Channel must replicate and amplify your voice brand. What’s better than explaining your journey to your customers?
You can make a series of videos to make your customers understand why you choose your brand colors, or a unique anecdote about the start of the company, or creation of the logo.
Another excellent strategy is to create an online contest. You can give the winners discounts or a price-package. This kind of incentive often helps to grow a loyal audience from day one of your channel. Remember, your story and company journey is unique and has all the elements for a successful social media channel.
Integrating YouTube In Your Marketing Strategy
Essentials in Social Media Marketing
- Create consistent content – Like any other social media channel, you need to be compatible with your YouTube account. You must post regularly on your webpage, do some testing to figure out the exact number of posting times per week.
Furthermore, be consistent with your brand voice. For example, if your company is a business-to-business enterprise, don’t create personal vlogs. Instead, develop how-tos for your products, tips, and tricks related to your services.
- Use YouTube Voice Search – Always add search engine optimized, and click-easy titles for your videos. Make sure your videos are also findable with voice search, to test this, simply have some people in your team search for the video. Using natural language, that isn’t too complicated will also help to find your video more easily.
- Capitalize YouTube Tools and Features – YouTube has created a practical set of tools and features that will support the development of your channel. You can use these tools to boost your content with compelling CTA’s, buttons, and more. Create playlists related to the topics that are most important for your company. Next, add transcripts, captions, descriptions, and translations (if you do business in more than one country). Think about differently-abled people, people who can’t take time to decrypt your messages, and people who prefer reading instead of watching.
- Invest in YouTube Ads – We highly recommend to also invest in paid advertising. Paid advertorials are excellent support for the launch of your videos. Moreover, you can market your video to new audiences because paid advertising allows a broader reach than organic search.
- Optimize Your YouTube Tags & Thumbnails – The use of thumbnails and video descriptions is best for giving information about the content in your video. Make sure to optimize them with the right keyword tags. Furthermore, thumbnail images should include your title. Facial-close ups also help a lot to engage your audiences.
- Run Influencer Marketing Campaigns – Influencer marketing campaigns refer to endorsements and product promotion by influencers (individuals with a high social following rating anywhere from 1,000 people to over 1 million depending on the niche). Keep in mind that this is a two-way street kind of marketing. There are great tools that help you to identify and approach the right influencer for your social media marketing campaigns.
- Measure and interpret your metrics – After you’ve set everything up, it’s time to focus on measuring your YouTube results. After all, why would you invest time in something if you’re not keeping an eye on the results? An essential part of your YouTube strategy is tracking and interpreting your channel’s performance. Through your YouTube analytics tool, you will find exciting insights, for example, your N° 1 video, watch time retention, time, and best moments to launch new content.
Why YouTube is Essential For Your Strategy
Now that you have delved into this content and know the advantages of including YouTube in your social media marketing, won’t you take it into account when creating your campaigns?
As you already know, creating the right content for this format is not as complicated and overwhelming as it seems at first, and the scope it promises fuels your presence in the digital world. But if you need a hand or two to take care of your social media marketing, you can always contact us to help you out.